Friday, May 7, 2010

May 6th, 2010

In keeping with the celebration of cinco de mayo the theme of this week's meal was mexican. Here's a starter picture.



The following was the menu:

Seitan Tacos - These tacos were homemade by Anthony. The seitan was made from scratch and using his secret spice mix was slightly fried on the stove to give it a wonderful crispiness. The tacos were also topped with freshly chopped onion and cilantro and a spread of guacamole. Unfortunately I could not find ripe tomatoes so store bought guacamole had to be used. This part nearly killed me.

Cilantro Spiced Rice - Sean made this rice. It was a blend of some spices but focused the attention of the taste to cumin and cilantro. It was very delicious. The only downside to this dish is that it took 4 times longer than the recipe stated. Sean was not very thrilled about this.

Watermelon Cantaloupe Smoothie - This smoothie was a from scratch concoction made by Mr. Anthony himself. I found the sweetness perfect but for those who need sweeter tasting smoothies vodka or agave could be added. I really wish I got a picture of this, it was perfectly palatable.

Here's the last picture I have of the meal. Unfortunately I did not have my camera so my iPhone camera will have to due this one time.


....Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment